JAY-Z’s Legal Team Behind The Arrest Of Former Detective Who Kidnapped, Sexually Assaulted Black Women

Roger Golubski, a retired homicide detective in Kansas City, Kansas, was arrested by federal authorities on Thursday. Golubski is accused of kidnapping and sexually assaulting two women more than 20 years ago.

The 69-year-old former detective appeared in court on Thursday. He was charged with “sexually assaulting the first victim on multiple occasions between 1998 and 2001” and “sexually assaulting the second victim on multiple occasions between 1999 and 2002,” a Justice Department news release said. “The charges are six counts related to the rape of a woman from 1998 to 2001 and one from 1999 to 2002. This time period was when he was employed by the Kansas City, Kansas Police Department.

Golubski worked in law enforcement for 35 years.
The charges against Golubski stem from a multi-year grand jury investigation. According to a 2019 civil complaint against him, Golubski was accused of being “a corrupt police officer,” CNN reports. He allegedly abused his power and exploited “vulnerable black women, including black women who worked as prostitutes.”

Golubski was the subject of a civil lawsuit filed by a wrongfully convicted man, Lamonte McIntyre. McIntyre and his mother alleged that Golubski framed him for a double homicide in 1994.

Golubski, who retired from the police department in 2010, was also accused of protecting drug dealers and framing innocent people.

The community’s angst caught the attention of hip-hop mogul JAY-Z. His social justice-oriented group, Team Roc, displayed a banner on their social media profiles and ran a full-page ad in The Washington Post last year, calling alleged police corruption in Kansas City “one of the worst examples of abuse”. of power in the history of the United States.
Golubski was arrested at his Wyandotte County home Thursday morning. According to WEVV-TV, authorities reported that Golubski went voluntarily and cooperated with law enforcement, but chose not to comment.

The six-count indictment unsealed Thursday alleges that Golubski assaulted the two women while he was acting “under the guise of law.”
According to WEVV-TV, he refers to the women only by their initials, and the five-page indictment does not offer many details about the alleged sexual assaults and kidnappings.

According to WEVV-TV, the women are referred to by their initials only, and the five-page indictment does not offer many details about the alleged sexual assaults and kidnappings.

He is accused of sexually assaulting both women and forcing them to perform oral sex on him multiple times in his vehicle. Golubski’s actions included aggravated sexual assault and kidnapping, the indictment alleges.

CNN previously reported that several former police officers were called before the grand jury last year. Terry Zeigler, Golubski’s former boss and partner, said he did not share information about his personal life.

“The guy was very private,” Zeigler told CNN. “I mean he would want you to talk all day about your family, but he would talk very little about his.”

But Zeigler added that he never saw the detective do anything wrong.

If Golubski is convicted of either charge, he could be sentenced to life in prison.